Saturday, 29 August 2015

A Father's Love.

I am going to make this quick, because I am in the midst of preparing for trials, but I also really want to do this so yeah. 





































These few weeks have been unbearably tough for me. Preparing for the trials and ultimately the finals, my dad has to witness my frequent nervous collapses and I know it hasn't been easy for him, nor mum. 

But you know how it goes... when the emotions finally pile up and then anxiety comes hitting you like a ton of bricks, you... cry. At least that was what happened to me several times in class. I literally wept in class once- when the pressure was too much for me to handle- and that breakdown drew the attention of the class (there was no way getting about it because there was only 10 in the class that time and trust me I tried hard to blink my tears away but it just kept rolling down my cheeks) and my classmates sweetly comforted me- which I am thankful and of course that calmed me down- but only temporarily.

My dad seldom expresses his feelings and thoughts verbally, he conveys them better in the form of a letter, or a message. Well, generally in a written form. And because I'm getting older, it gets slightly awkward for physical contacts with Daddy. I guess it's difficult for Daddy to absorb all of these at once. Me outgrowing the teenager phase, soon to study abroad, and leave home and not coming back to seeing his little girl (although not so little anymore!) at home... I can safely say that I'm not the only who has to embrace the change, so does Dad (and mum). 

I love you, Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment