Wednesday, 22 January 2014

The root to joy is gratitude.



Today I'm thankful for courage, for with courage I have learned to step out of my comfort zone and let go of fears.  Courage is not the absence of fear, it is feeling it but doing it anyway. I am proud of myself for trying today, and for not allowing fear to dictate me.

Today I'm thankful for my friends, particularly Yong Qi, Yu En, and the rest of my classmates, who are incredibly wonderful individuals who splash colours and fun into my everyday college life. They make me laugh and give me a hand in making the right choices and decisions. Most importantly, they are the ones I can feel comfortable to be around with and have lots of fun with!

Today I'm thankful for my parents, as they provide me with unconditional support and care. My dad works extremely hard everyday, and although he's fatigue he still comes home everyday with a cheery smile on his face and gives my mum and I a hug (extra kisses for my lovely mum, of course. :) ). My mum fetches me to college every morning, and has been my most faithful, loyal listening ear. She often shares inspiring, educational and funny stories with me during our car ride. I may tease her misuse of vocabulary or wrong pronunciations however she would brush them off and urge me to teach her the correct ones. She's a gem, I tell you. ;)

Today I'm thankful, because I've been having a rather rough few weeks but I am reminded just how blessed I am and how much I have that I should appreciate very much. A thankful heart invites life to give you more to be thankful for.

I love you all. Namaste.


No comments:

Post a Comment