Saturday, 23 February 2013

TGIF!

So it's not exactly Friday, as today's Saturday, but what I'm trying to say is that I couldn't be happier that the weekend has finally arrived.

Something about not having to crawl out of my cozy bed at 5.30 in the morning and carrying out difficult experiments in the lab (where the apparatus are so fragile that I couldn't help but feel diffident when I get hold of it) that makes my heart brim with happiness.

Oh, A-levels, what have you done to me.

The only thing that cheered me up a little was when I discovered the washroom was empty one day after college (usually it's packed and it stinks) which indirectly shoved me a free pass to take a thousand pictures in it without other students staring at me thinking I'm a freak. 

Oh yes, I thought posing with a long roll of toilet tissue in my left hand is a cool thing to do.

I 'slept in' this morning. Apparently when you're a college student, rising at 8 in the morning is a luxury. 

Mum seemed to be very engaged in the conversation during breakfast this morning.


































I'm usually not in a pleasant mood if I were to wake up to a scorching weather but these sweet, ripe slices of papayas saved the day.



































Mum came back from the market with lots of fresh produce that won my heart. I haven't the foggiest idea as to why the capsicum looked pink in the picture when it's supposed to be bright red.



































Once again, my mum bought half the market's produce. I honestly didn't care much for the vegetables but my eyes lit up as I spotted the sweet potatoes at the bottom left.


































On weekdays, my mum would buy fruits which are more commonly sold in our country such as apples, pears and bananas however during the weekends when she has more time to shop she would add fancy fruits like strawberries or blueberries or grapes into the basket. 

This time strawberries, plums and prunes made its appearance.

This makes the #264823 reason why I love my mum.


I just got back from yoga class and now my whole body is aching. I can't even pinpoint which part of my body is sore. All that warriors, dancers, tip-toe balancing and eagle (<-- the killer pose that had me want to give up and leave the class but I didn't because that would be too classy) poses makes me appreciate savasanas a lot more today.

No comments:

Post a Comment