Sunday, 10 February 2013

Let's put it this way:

Sneezing 10 times in an hour is maddeningly suffering and falling sick when Chinese New Year celebration is going on isn't fun at all but come to think of it, at least I get a whole week to recover because I'm sure my lecturers and classmates would love me to death if I were to blow my nose every five minutes during lessons. 

This year, like any other typical Chinese New Year celebration, it involved too much food.





























Spring rolls in the making! This is how it looks pre-cooked:























Fresh from the oven!











We also baked bread early in the morning!


I know the look on my face is very misleading in that it conveys the message that my mum had forced me to help her knead bread otherwise I'd never live to see tomorrow but I assure you she didn't have to do so and I was very delighted to offer my help.























The tiny little babies before warming themselves up in the oven.





























Out of the oven, they looked divine!

Sadly, taste could be deceiving.

These did not measure up to my taste buds. Oddly tasteless, too fluffy (yes I like chewy, solid bread), and my mum made a mistake by putting the goji berries on top resulting in burnt goji berries! Yikes!



You see me smiling but truth be told, I've been feeling rather awful these days. I suspect the misery comes from 80% sickness, and the other 20% is a mix of lack of exercise, sleep and nutrients.



But if you know me. I like happiness and I don't like dwelling on negativity so I'm telling myself that I'll recover very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment